Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Is it really over? Nah...

   What? I've been gone 6 months? I'm home on Friday? You're kidding.

Yep its reality, and I need to get used to it. Summing up the last six months in a blog post is going to be very tough, but I'll give it a shot.
  Here are some one-worders to explain my feelings about leaving Europe and heading home: happy, sad, confused, tired, ready, not-ready, nervous, grateful, awed, simplified, stupified (Harry Potter reference :)),  denial, acceptance, packing (ugh!), goodbyes, hellos, hugs, tears, sleep.
  When I left home in June, I don't know exactly what I expected, but I would've been wrong. With IFYE, you just have to be ready for anything always. Everyday is a new experience or adventure filled with new perspectives and new people. I set out wanting to never say "no", to try everything, see everything, and re-think everything I thought I knew. I think I stayed true to those goals for the most part, and its left me with a lifetime of memories, friendships, and life lessons.
  After all the reunions with family and friends, unpacking of bags, scrap booking  and IFYE presentations are all said and done, then I will truly have time to sit and reflect upon all this experience has given me.
  Until then, I'll continue to live this journey called life, one day at a time! But after IFYE, I'll know to appreciate each day and the new adventure that comes with it!

Thank you to everyone who has supported me along the way, I couldn't have done it without you! :)

Safe and sound in Kansas!


 Before saying goodbye, ciao, tschuss, bonjour, trah, cheers, & auf wiedersehen, I'll leave you with where I've found some of my favorite things....
  • Accent: Scottish
  • Bread: Swiss zopf
  • Croissant: Paris
  • Weather: constant rain of the U.K. (it's fun to hear farmers gripe about too much rain for once!)
  • Cheese: Swiss Girenbaderli
  • River: the Rhine
  • Castle: Dunrobin or Cardiff
  • European city for tourism: Rome
  • European city to live: Salzburg
  • Swiss City: Bern
  • Train system: Swiss
  • N. Irish site: Carrick-a-Rede bridge
  • Scottish site: all the stone fences
  • Welsh site: Worm's head beach
  • Cake: Battenberg (UK)
  • Drink: English Breakfast Tea (UK)

No comments:

Post a Comment